The Winter Holiday Challenge - Christmas Decorations

Day 5 of the Winter Holiday Challenge brings us some fun decorations! The Christmas tree and it's lovely ornaments are one of the things I have always wished I'd celebrated the Christmas. Alas, I was born to the wrong family (a Jewish one)... So I have a little tree only on my nails but I did try to decorate it nicely and I hope you'll like it.

I started with two thin coats of Gilry Bits - Arctic Sunrise, a beautiful sky blue with glass flakies and pink shimmer. This polish always makes me think of those huge ice blocks from Alaska that I saw on the TV. It is so cold and so gorgeous! I guess if worn by itself, it could have enjoyed a third coat. But for my nail art I thought the two were enough!
Gilry Bits - Arctic Sunrise

Gilry Bits - Arctic Sunrise

Gilry Bits - Arctic Sunrise

Gilry Bits - Arctic Sunrise
Next I free-handed drew the tree using Zoya Holy. I decorated it with various polishes from Sally Hansen's Chrome collection and I stamped all the other nails with Bunny Nails HD07 plate - twice: once with China Glaze Passion and then with Sally Hansen - Burmese Ruby Chrome.Somehow on my index nail the two colors turn one almost exactly on top of the other which kind of annoyed me, but I didn't want to repaint my nail all over again. The irony is, when I will need a stamping to go this way - it will never work! Oh well...


I hope you liked my tree and ornaments. While you're at it - don't forget to check the other participants of this lovely challenge!

9 comments :

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, Jin! I love it!! Your very own special Christmas tree. :)

ALETA COLUCCI said...

Love this!

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

This is so cute and festive, Jin! I love your Christmas tree, and Arctic Sunrise is a fantastic base for the mani. :-)

~ Yun

M. Fourey said...

Those are awesome, Jin! Your tree has nothing to envy to "real" Christmas trees, believe me! :D

Unknown said...

Wooowww! Gorgeous!!!!

Melissa said...

Artic Sunrise is gorgeous. It reminds me of Sinful Colors Cinderella, but a few shades darker. Your tree is so cute.

Unknown said...

WOW that's a beautiful blue and the tree and ornaments are adorable!!

Raggio di Luna said...

Arctic Sunrise is one of "my" colours! :-) Cute Christmas tree and beautiful stamping! :-)

Gosia said...

I have to try this Girly Bits already!! I have a feeling I will fall in love :))
I love your little personal Christmas tree and ornaments!! You do believe in Santa though, right!!????

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!