W is Waterlily

Wow, I can't believe I got this far with the Alphabet Challenge! Haha, will I actually complete it? Who would believe... Anyway, today I have a taste of luxury for you. For the letter W let me present you with Waterlily by Dior.
Dior - Waterlily
Dior Waterlily, Indoors under artificial lighting.

Waterlily is part of Dior's Spring 2012 - Garden Party collection. It is a scented nail polish in soft green with that special hidden shimmer that Dior is so famous for. As for that scent - it is noticeable when the polish dries. It's some floral scent, very soft. And as the polish dries - it's real nice. But after a while I still feel it and then it's getting a bit annoying. I would love this polish much much more if that scent would totally fade after a while...
Dior - Waterlily
Dior Waterlily, indoors under artificial lighting
In this picture it is easier to see a little bit of that hidden shimmer. It is very subtle but is giving a very soft and elegant look to this mani in my opinion. I really love this color (even though it is green!). Besides, Waterlily was the first Dior I ever had, so it has that special place in my heart...
Dior - Waterlily
Dior Waterlily, indoors under artificial lighting.
Dior - Waterlily
Dior Waterlily, outdoors in natural light.
Dior's brush is wide and not too long but it spreads smoothly over the nail. I don't need any more then two strokes for any fingernail. The formula too has the perfect consistency. Not too thin and not too thick. No stroke marks nor pooling. It is well pigmented so two easy coats are enough to cover the nails and give full opacity and a shiny ceramic finish. All pictures show two coats of Dior - Waterlily. No base coat and no top coat. Well, after all, a Dior is a Dior.
Dior - Waterlily
Dior Waterlily, indoors under artificial lighting.
Dior - Waterlily
Dior Waterlily, Outdoors in the shade, in natural light.
What do you think? What is your opinion about the scented issue? Do you have any Diors? Also, another question - what do you think of the new size of the pictures? Is it better? worse? Should I keep it? Try something else? Any feedback will be happily accepted!


9 comments :

Liesl said...

What a lovely color on you. I've heard many good things about Waterlily; it's definitely on my wishlist, and I hope I can wear it as nicely as you do.

Gosia said...

First of all: keep this size of the pictures!!! I don't want to keep clicking to enlarge the smaller ones!! these look so much better =)
Second: lovely, lovely polish!! I love that shimmer! I haven't tried any scented polishes yet. I can see how the scent can get annoying after awhile, but think about it as a finger perfume! =)

Beauty-Ninja said...

I can see the shimmer. This color is gorgeous!

Beauty-Ninja said...

Finger perfume- I love it. Gives a whole new meaning to 'smell my finger'! Bahaha!

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

That is such a gorgeous green, and it looks amazing on you. I didn't know this polish is scented, and it being so makes it a lot less attractive to me. I'm pretty sensitive to smells, and having it on my hands would drive me crazy, I think. :D

~ Yun

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous and the formula seems so smooth and velvety!

Essie Rae said...

Looks beautiful! I don't have any Dior polishes...YET

M. Fourey said...

Wow, can you help me get up again? I just fell seing this BOMBSHELL! I love it, it's just perfection. And it looks amazingly incredible on you, Jin! I can't believe I skipped this one... I'll look out for it on monday.

The world will be safe as long as I have it.

Raggio di Luna said...

It looks so nice on you! I don't have Dior polishes, I should buy this one! :-)

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!