Ga-De Rhodolite Garnet

I decided to shorten my nails. After a loooooong time of keeping them long, I decided that it actually looked like a witch (or maybe it was just a Halloween inspiration?) and I decided to go short. Well, nothing to worry really because they grow way too fast for my liking. And besides, I still have a few manis featuring my long witchy nails that I haven't showed you yet. But just so you know, this is how short I decided to go.
Ga-De Rhodolite Garnet
What do you think? I am really liking this length. It does have some disadvantages in terms of "canvas space", but I am hoping to find other walk arounds. And in the meantime, I will show you Ga-De Rhodolite Garnet.  Ga-De is a local brand that is available here. They have a really nice variety of colors and finishes, and you can usually get them on discount in the major drug stores. 
Ga-De Rhodolite Garnet
taken under artificial lighting indoors
Rhodolite Garnet is a sort of multi chrome that shifts from deep red to hot fuchsia, through some berry shades. It has red and magenta flakie shimmer, easy to work with formula and nice pigmentation. It was opaque in two coats and dried to a satin finish that is so smooth it almost looks metallic. 
Ga-De Rhodolite Garnet
Taken outdoors in direct sun
Ga-De Rhodolite Garnet
Taken outdoors in direct sun
And since I wanted to point the interest at my now almost nubbin tips, I added some water decals of golden swirls to them.
Ga-De Rhodolite Garnet
Taken outdoors in direct sun
Ga-De Rhodolite Garnet
Taken outdoors in direct sun
Ga-De Rhodolite Garnet
Taken outdoors in direct sun
Ga-De Rhodolite Garnet
taken under artificial lighting indoors
What do you think of either the new length or the polish? I think I am liking them a lot! 

3 comments :

Colorful Harmony said...

I like your shorter nails a lot, I've overgrown my nails as well and found them looking witchy in a bad way, just like you said. Do you think it will affect your nail art?

beachgal said...

gorg shade - I have a real weakness for these purply magentas.

FedoraHarp said...

Wait you're from here! I had no idea! I mean, I've only been following you for a few weeks, but still- yay, more Israeli polish bloggers!

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!