33 Days Challenge - Day 28: Lines

Today my entry for the 33DC is somewhat an experimental mani. I received my order or the holographic multi-chrome polishes from ILNP, and I pretty much wanted to try them all at once. Of course it didn't quite work so instead I just did this lazy manicure which I can call experimental. It also has lines in it. LOL
Holographic Multi Chrome ILNP

This mani started with ILNP - Birefringence (H). As the (H) imply - this is indeed the holographic version of Birefringenc, a strong multichrome polish that shifts from blue to purple to red to orange to golden yellow and even a little bit of green is deep in its colors depths.When I first saw this polish and people said it was opaque by itself, I couldn't believe them. And when I applied the first coat of this polish on my bare nails, I still could not believe this was going to be opaque in less then a million coats. But the second coat actually did sealed this polish's opacity! All the swatches you see below are TWO COATS ONLY! No base and no top!
ILNP - Birefringence (H)

ILNP - Birefringence (H)
ILNP - Birefringence (H)
I couldn't get a picture to show all the colors in this polish but you'll have to trust me: all the shades I mentioned above are there! It completely changes its face with every angle. One of the strongest Multi Chromes I have ever seen, and without any black underwear!Its also holographic but when you see all the colors in this baby, the holographic effect turns very secondary to it...
ILNP - Birefringence (H) and Mutagen (H)
At the tips of my nails I decided to sponge some of another polish from the same collection - Mutagen (H), another multi chrome that shifts between green, blue, red and orange. Of course, the idea to sponge it over came to me after seeing this breathtakingly beautiful gradient by Lucie from Lucy's stash. But unlike Lucie, I was just lazy and didn't want to do "a proper" gradient. So I was wondering what kind of effect I will get by sponging just a little bit of one multi chrome over another. So the effect is not as amazing as Lucie's mani, but it's nice. There's something very circular in the colors shifting. 
ILNP - Birefringence (H) and Mutagen (H)
Then I needed the lines. At first I tried some stamping with a metallic green - Super Charged by Pure Ice, from their Magnetic Attraction Nail Effect collection. If you look very closely on the mani above, you will see some lines. But over all, the color completely blended into the multi chromes and was almost invisible. So I tried Layla Black As Ebony from their Mirror Effect collection, and this one was slightly more visible.
ILNP - Birefringence (H) and Mutagen (H)
Well, I keep thinking of this mani as experimental and you can see I didn't quite like it by the fact that I didn't even bother to top coat it. So most of the shine of the multi chrome polishes gets a little bit lost. But at least, I know how those polishes behave at sponging, and I will definitely have to re-try a proper gradient with them! 






0 comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!