33 Days Challenge - Day 26: Something from Pinterest / My Inspiration Board

Finally an entry for the 33DC that was relatively easy to decide about! Recently I saw this mani on Pinterest and I just HAD to try it. When I got to its origin, I found this tutorial at Teen Vogue. Awesome.
Zoya Mitzi matte velvet tape manicure

Of course, I couldn't just do it with the same colors, so I changed some.
Zoya Mitzi matte velvet tape manicure
I started with three coats of Zoya Mitzi, a weird color somewhere between yellow and green. Well, those in-between colors were always a big love for me. As for the polish - sadly it is not of my favorite. Even at three coats it is not completely opaque, it is striky and hard to apply. I do love its finish - a velvet-y matte, but my entire mani will anyway have that finish...
Zoya Mitzi matte velvet tape manicure
The other nail polishes that I used are BarryM Key Lime, China Glaze Mahogany Magic and Orly Jet Black striper. I ended this mani with Butter London Matte Finish top coat.
Zoya Mitzi matte velvet tape manicure

Zoya Mitzi matte velvet tape manicure

Zoya Mitzi matte velvet tape manicure

Zoya Mitzi matte velvet tape manicure

Zoya Mitzi matte velvet tape manicure





2 comments :

FedoraHarp said...

I really like these! I'm gonna squirrel away the link and may copy you later :D

Raggio di Luna said...

I prefer the colours of the original manicure, but only because yellow is not one of "my" colours... Your colours match perfectly and the final effect is stunning! :-)

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!