Canada Day

Don't you worry, I will show you the rest of the amazing summer collection by The Nail Junkie later this week. But today I pay special respect to all my Canadian friends! In honor of the National Day of Canada That is celebrated on July 1st, I would like to show you my red and white mani. I am sorry I can't draw any decent maple leaf, and trust me - I did try. But I really wanted to participate in my blogger friends Canada Day Mani so I hope you can forgive me for the leaf...
Even though it has no leaves in it, this mani was still much harder then I expected. I started with a surprisingly beautiful red by Revlon Top Speed - Fire (number 510). I don't know, I never thought much of Revlon Polishes, but I admit there are some real good ones - just like Fire. It was super easy to apply, it dried in seconds and was quite opaque in just one coat. Out of the habit only two layers were used.
The white is Milani - White on the spot, that is another one coater. I used my dotting tool but I think I should have used something a lot thinner. I don't like the huge blob-like drops :-(
I ended this mani with a coat of my top coat (a local brand called Life).
Do make sure you check all the other great manis' in this collaboration for Canada's National Day below!

11 comments :

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous!!! I tried a "drip" mani once and totally failed. GREAT JOB!

Ashley said...

I love this Jin!!! You did an amazing job!!

The Silverinator said...

As a Canadian, let me just say I love this and thank you!!!

Lisa Heath said...

Cute Jin!!

Unknown said...

I love drip manis! This is awesome!

My Nail Polish Obsession said...

This looks awesome Jin!! I think you did a great job. (:

Helena / Lacky Corner said...

Great job! They look awesome.

Unknown said...

This is really cute! I haven't tried a "drip" mani yet, but really need to.

lauriestrode said...

Wow, that looks awesome, Jin. Never seen a drip mani before and looks like I need to do one soon!!

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

That's such a cute Canada Day mani! I love the drips! :-)

~ Yun

Kim said...

Love it so much Jin!!! Looks amazing!!!!!! :)

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!