Where In The World - Romania

I made it! I actually completed the Where In The World challenge and I am here with the last entry: Romania! YAY! 
Ok, first thing's first: I will (finally) update my challenge page with the links to all the entries. And as for today's entry... well, it was obvious that I would go with the vampiric side of Romania. I'm part romanian and I love everything and anything vampires so it was just a question of how I decide to present it. And I decided to be somewhat unique after all.
Vlad Tepes (Dracul) and Bran Castle over Dandy Nails Betrayed Desires
Well, I guess it does need some sort of explanation, especially if you're not from Romania, right? So the figure on my ring is Vlad Tepes, also known as Vlad the Impaler, also known as Vlad Dracul, who ruled a part of Romania called Walachia, sometimes in the 13th century. You can read more about him here. This is also where I got the original photo from.
Source: Romania Tourism
 My Pinky, Middle and Index nails depict Bran Castle, the castle where Dracula has lived allegedly. Well, this story is not quite true but I am not really into writing some history here. You can ready more about it here, and below is the picture I used for inspiration. 
Source: Shutterstock
I started this mani with Dandy Nails - Betrayed Desires, an amazing blacken blue holographic polish that I absolutely have no idea why I never tried before. It is simply superb. Opaque in two easy coats of perfect formula, wonderful holographic effect and great drying time. Perfection. 
Dandy Nails Betrayed Desires

Dandy Nails Betrayed Desires

Dandy Nails Betrayed Desires
The rest of the mani was free handed using mostly Orly Instant Artist Stripers with a couple of other additions: Orly Crisp White, Jet Black, Firey Red, Chocolate, Solid Gold, Lovey Dovey, Zoya Jacqueline and Nails Inc Old Compton Street.  
The final touch of this mani is some vampire fangs on my thumb, just cause I had to. LOL
Vlad Tepes (Dracul) and Bran Castle over Dandy Nails Betrayed Desires

Vlad Tepes (Dracul) and Bran Castle over Dandy Nails Betrayed Desires

Vlad Tepes (Dracul) and Bran Castle over Dandy Nails Betrayed Desires
 
Vlad Tepes (Dracul) and Bran Castle over Dandy Nails Betrayed Desires

Vlad Tepes (Dracul) and Bran Castle over Dandy Nails Betrayed Desires
And that's it. The Where In The World Challenge is actually complete!




3 comments :

Love My Nails said...

This is cool. Congrats on completing the challenge

Mihaela said...

Congrats on completing the challenge! I didn't know you were part Romanian. That's so cool! You have amazing freehand skills, btw. You did a great job with Vlad's face. Awesome!

Raggio di Luna said...

Betrayed Desires is magical! :-) Cool manicure!
I didn't know you were part Romanian, so exciting! :-) You know, it's interesting how many people think of Dracula whenever Romania is mentioned :-) Let me take another look... uhm... trying to see if Dracula and you resemble each other... should I avoid you in the dark? :-)
Wonderful the fact that you completed the challenge, congratulations! :-)

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!