Summer Fun with Ga-De Mellow Yellow

A little while ago I saw this review by Natalie of Nailz Craze. It is of a new polish by a local polish brand here called Ga-De and it looked so pretty on Natalie's nails that I had to get it too! And since I was already in the store, I picked another polish of the same collection by the name of Mellow Yellow.
I can't really say I was impressed by these polishes. They are cremes, they are nice and easy to apply, they dry pretty quick. All is true. But I have seen the same colors and the same formula and finish about a billion times before. 
Nonetheless I decided to go with the yellow as my base and rock it for the summer!
Ga-De Mellow Yellow Ga-De Moody Blue
So I started with 3 coats of Mellow Yellow. It is very pigmented and can be opaque in one or two coats. But just like any other yellow nail polish, it needs that 3rd coat to level itself on the nail. It does have a vibrant and cool yellow color that works pretty nice with my skin tones and whenever I look at it, it makes me smile. Yeah, yellows do that to me.
Ga-De Mellow Yellow

Ga-De Mellow Yellow Ga-De Moody Blue

Ga-De Mellow Yellow Ga-De Moody Blue
I then combined this yellow with Sally Hansen's White On and Ga-De Moody Blue to create this tape mani. I am especially happy about how almost straight the lines turned out. This doesn't happen to me too often I'm afriad...
Ga-De Mellow Yellow Ga-De Moody Blue

Ga-De Mellow Yellow Ga-De Moody Blue

Ga-De Mellow Yellow Ga-De Moody Blue

Ga-De Mellow Yellow Ga-De Moody Blue

3 comments :

M. Fourey said...

Love the look, even with the yellow! And taht says a great deal! :D

Tabet said...

Hey,
beautiful design! :)
Love
Tabea

http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

Raggio di Luna said...

Well, Mellow Yellow really DOES look great on you! :-) But, it's not "my cup of tea"! :-) So, you can keep it to yourself, I'll take Moody Blue and Sally Hansen's White On :-)

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!